mining of sediments from lakes
Floating suction dredgers - ecological silt removal from ponds
Floating suction dredgers (removal of silt from ponds by way of wet process)
A floating suction dredger disrupts and "sucks" the excavated material from the bottom of the water surface area without having to interrupt the use of the waterwork. At the same time, the dredge pump transports the extracted material to the place of storage or to the place of further processing.
Exctraction can be carried out from any depth and we are able to extract the material within a few kilometers.
Sediment removal technology by floating suction dredgers is an ecological alternative to extraction using conventional earthmoving machines (by way of dry proces). The use of floating suction dredgers brings many advantages. This technology is unrivaled in cases where the water surface can not be drained or if it is not possible to drain it for operational reasons.
Advantages of floating suction dredgers:
- Work is carried out without the need to interrupt the use of water area (recreational, transport, industrial or breeding use)
- During the ongoing work, silt removal from the pond - the water quality doesn´t deteriorate.
- Transport of the excavated material in the aquifered state by piping up to a distance of up to several kilometers.
- Surrounding areas are not exposed to excessive noise, machine movement and dustiness
- Extraction can take place in the specified layer without the need to extract to the bearing bottom
Disadvantages of floating suction dredgers
- the extracted material is due to the transportastion reasons deluted several times
- a higher storage capacity or dewatering technology such as mechanical drainage or dewatering tubes must be taken into account for final procedure.
Description of the technology when desilting ponds and other watercourses
A floating suction dredger disrupts and "sucks" the excavated material from the water bed of the water area.
At the same time, the dredge pump transports the extracted material to the place of storage or to the place of further processing.
In case of a longer conveying or a higher elevation, the pump performance is supported by the pumping stations. Depending on its construction, the excavator moves on the water surface using either anchor ropes or its own drive. The excavator is powered by a diesel engine with hydraulic distribution to individual units.